Wednesday, October 04, 2006

You've Lost Your Queen! ... That's twice in one day!

The Swan Princess is kind of an annual ritual for Kendall and me. We have to wait for that pivotal moment...Derek and Odette are dancing in the grande ballroom and Derek proposes...kind of.

Derek: Arrange the marriage!
Odette: Wait!
Derek: What is it? You're all I've ever wanted. You're beautiful!
Odette: Thank you...But what else? Is beauty all that matters to you?
Derek: Uh...what else IS there?

Single most effective words ever spoken to put a man in the dog house. But for K & me, it's really just hilarious. Ken has too many boys telling her she's pretty--in fact, that's usually the first thing they say in asking-out. They're missing out on a little redheaded firecracker, I can tell you that. And then there's Lou. She's one of the most amazing girls I know...but boys are scared by her energy and intelligence. I don't really get it, but then again I'm not a boy.

Anyway, with the advent of homecomings and preference and whatnots, I'd like to dedicate Martina McBride's This One's for the Girls! to all my sistas out there who maybe feel a little like Odette. And in the hopes that, as in the end of the Swan Princess, your "Derek" comes to his senses. And even if he doesn't, just to know that you are beautiful beyond measure.

This one's for the girls who've ever had a broken heart
Who've wished upon a shooting star
You're beautiful the way you are
This one's for the girls who love without holding back
Who dream with everything they have...

1 comment:

Ben said...

Also, I would like to add "tee he he".